Thursday, March 18, 2010

Love Vanilla?




I have read several glowing reports about this vanilla, Vanilla Bean Crush, and I have an order ready for when my next check comes in. I thought I'd pass the information along in case you never heard of it and might be interested. Additionally, 10% of the selling price goes for a great cause.

KAF (King Arthur Flour)
carries it, (be sure to read all the reviews) and the manufacturer's site is here. It is an artisanal syrup of crushed whole vanilla beans (Madagascar Bourbon and Tahitian), and one of the things I promised to make with it is hand-cranked homemade vanilla ice cream (with the help of my niece) this summer. Breyer's used to make a decent vanilla-bean ice cream, but not anymore.

Somewhere in my recipe mess I have an old family recipe for a cooked custard base for
vanilla ice cream. I haven't made it in years but I can still remember the taste. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.