Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Course I'd Love to Take!

The Soil Food Web and Compost Technologies Workshop is being offered in Santa Barbara, California Oct. 30-Nov.1.

This is the short blurb about the course:

"In this course, you'll look at the elements of a healthy soil food web, learn how to analyze and improve your own soil, and learn how to make composts and extracts to strengthen the soil food web. The Soil Food Web course provides knowledge and research findings for those at the grass roots level of working with soils. That includes not just farmers who grow crops, but also those who graze cattle, sheep and other livestock, fruit and vegetable growers, greens keepers, parks and gardens workers, nursery operators - in fact, anyone who grows things. The course offers a way of improving the soils we work with now and a way to keep soils in this healthier state without damaging any other eco-system."


I have been convinced for a long time that the soil food web is key to growing healthy, nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately my own garden isn't making the progress I want, at least so far. This course would be very beneficial. Hmmmm, I wonder if I can wave my magic wand and Poof! be there in an instant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.