Sunday, January 23, 2011

2 Very Useful Kitchen Gadgets

I really LOVE kitchen gadgets, and have to be careful lest I end up with a drawer full of gadgets I seldom use. Here's a couple I plan to buy soon, and both are replacements or upgrades for what I already have.




The first is a jar scraper. It will be a replacement for one I have that is so old the silicone rubber has hardened enough to break off in tiny chunks if I am not careful. I have looked off and on unsuccessfully for a replacement one for 10 years, and finally found one at Fantes

The one pictured above is 14 " long with a silicone blade that measures 1" from top to bottom of the blade and almost 2" wide. Perfect for mayonnaise or peanut butter jars! It is $4.99, dishwasher-safe and imported from Spain.



On the same page is another one that appears to be almost identical but made in China; available in assorted colors, and cheaper at $2.79.


The second gadget is another beater blade for my mixer. About a year and a half ago, I posted about the new beater blade I bought for my KitchenAid Mixer. The old one works okay, but by the looks of this one, the design is highly improved. No more stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl!

Flex Edge Beater for 4.5- and 5-Qt Stand Mixers, $29.99. Coated metal with flexible edge, Dishwasher safe.
SKU# KFE5T, Fits KitchenAid models K4, K4B, K45, KSM45, KSM90, KSM95, KSM100, KSM103, KSM110, KSM150, KSM151, KSM152, KSM155




Amazon now carries this one shown above, for 6 Qt. and Pro-5 KitchenAid Mixers, $29.95.


Note: I have no affiliation with Fantes except as a customer. They have been in business almost forever, and I have even visited their shop in Philly years ago when I lived in Annapolis. I get the filters for my Chemex coffee maker from them. I also have no affiliation with Amazon except as a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.