I certainly appreciate all Joel Salatin has done to bring awareness of real foods to our communities. However, this seems like an indecent charge for breakfast and lunch, plus a few hours of his time in a hay wagon. They used to limit the attendance to 100, but even if that's all they still allow, 100 people x $250 each (if they register early) is $25,000 for a day, less expenses for 2 meals, but still makes a very profitable day for a farmer.
I guess I've become jaded at those who are greedy about making money off the very necessary fight to get real foods back into our system.
Celebration! At Polyface - Premium, September 7, 2013
Farmstead Breakfast, Lunch & Premium Tour with Joel Salatin
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. at Polyface Farm, Swoope, VA
Early Bird Tickets: $250 per adult ($100 per child under 10)
Experience the early morning magic of Polyface, with breakfast, lunch and an in depth 2 ½ hour hay wagon tour with America's most famous farmer.
Here's what's in store for you:
• Farmstead Breakfast with Polyface Fare
• 2½-hour Premium Hay Wagon Tour with Joel Salatin
• Farmstead Lunch with the Salatin Family, Staff and Interns
• Winetasting - Virginia and Organic Wines
• $10 Polyface Farm Store Gift Certificate
• Children's Activities
• 6 Hours of Polyface Bliss!
• Remarks from Special Guests - Sally Fallon Morell, Robb Wolf, Jenny McGruther and more!