Monday, July 16, 2012

My Health Update

I know many of my blog readers have known me for a long time (and some know me personally), I thought I'd post a brief update on my health status.

I had some medical tests this past week at Univ. Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville, including an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) where they put me to sleep and a small camera is run down through the pharynx, esophagus, stomach, and duodenum to look for potential bleeders. From the feedback from the techs and nurses (unofficial), everything seems to be okay. I go back again in early August for some additional appointments.

I'm getting weary of the long (and expensive) trips that require a stay-over because it's so far, and gas prices are going up again. However, I'm glad these recent tests appear to be positive in outcome.

My doctors continue to be amazed at my improvement over the last 5 years (what I would call 'remission' although that's primarily a cancer term) and I attribute it completely to a non-chemical-laden healthy diet that's mostly "store-free" ingredients.

Thanks for your continuing support and encouragement!

6 comments:

  1. well, glad to hear you are well. i am kinda new to your blog. could you tell me what you have going on and your journey back to health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck, I almost died 5 years ago from bleeding varices. Initial diagnosis was liver disease. I had worked with hydrocarbons in the workplace for many years with no protection (no fume hood, no gloves, etc), plus industrial chemicals like Roundup in my garden, and other things for pest control in my house. (Bug spray, spider and roach killers, etc.)

      Who knew?

      I started a strict regime of only "real foods" without ANY chemical additives over 4+ years ago and the healing has been remarkable.

      That's the main reason for my ceaseless tirades against the USDA, FDA, Monsanto, et al... I cannot blame my problems on them, but avoiding their "approved" products was my way back to health.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for that! Will keep you in prayers too!

    Leah's Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I actually feel pretty good (when I;m not worrying)!

      Delete
  3. Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a honest price? Kudos, I appreciate it!
    Review my web-site : one touch ultra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darius, I didn't realize that you had come so close to death. I'm so glad that you seem to be out of the woods! I wish you many, many more years of vibrant health!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.